"But when the fullness of time had come, God sent forth his Son, born of woman, born under the law, to redeem those who were under the law, so that we might receive adoption as sons. So you are no longer a slave, but a son, and if a son, then an heir through God."
Part of the mission of Chosen for Life Ministries is to educate the local church and community on why we believe it is important to care for the orphaned children of this world as well as the many ways they can live in obedience to God's command to do so. We provide an annual day-long event for families considering adoption, foster care, and other types of orphan care to provide education, opportunities to network, 8 CEUs for fostering and adopting parents, and the chance to hear the gospel of adoption and its power in our lives. This event is called our Choosing to Care Conference, where we hope attendees will learn more about the many ways they can choose to care for orphans and leave equipped to move forward in one specific direction.
Additionally, we began providing more consistent opportunities to educate locally by offering free weeknight workshops every other month which are open to the public and led by experts in their fields. These workshops are called our "Learning to Care Workshops" and those in attendance can earn 2 CEU credits. Please check our Calendar for these workshops and don't forget to RSVP! Additionally, use the signup form below to be added to our email listserv to receive updates about these workshops and other educational opportunities through CFLM.
If you are a fostering or adoptive parent (or hope to be one day) and have suggestions for the type of workshops you would be interested in, please share your voice with us, and fill out our suggestion form!
We are excited to be hosting the following learning opportunities this year! Foster Care CE credits will be available for each event listed below.
- March 20th - "Opting Out of the Drama Cycle" led by Pam Parish. Register here.
- April 7-8th - "Empowered to Connect Conference" Live Simulcast. Register here.
- June 19th - "What About You: A Look at Self Care, Adult Attachment Styles, and Personal Growth" led by Whitney White. Register here.
- August 21st - "Communication Development" led by Jenny Brown. Register here.
- Trust-Based Relational Intervention Series led by Dorothy Holloway and Angela Bryan. You must register for EACH date you plan to attend.